Wow. Now that nobody reads my blog basically ever, I’ve hit 101 posts. Crazy. So here’s a random list of touristy things I’ve never done whilst in other countries.
I have never:
1. Worn socks with sandals (MIKE!)
2. Taken pictures of people without their permission
3. Sported a Hawaiian shirt
4. Worn tube socks
5. Worn shorts (no, really. I hate shorts, and rarely wear them at all, but never ever in another country)
6. Said, “Hey, doesn’t anybody here speak English?”
7. Turned my nose up at food put in front of me
8. Asked, “What the heck is this?” about the food put in front of me
9. Asked directions to the nearest McDonald’s
10. Walked around with a camera around my neck
11. Taken a photo of someone “holding” a monument in their palm… well, OK, once, but it was toward the end of our trip to Europe when we were all a bit punchy from exhaustion and sick to death of Japanese tourists dashing from one gorgeous locale to another, standing still just long enough to snap a picture of their travel partners “holding” Neuschwanstein or whatever in their hand — not even long enough to look (and I mean, really, they could have stopped by a photo kiosk in Tokyo and saved the plane fare) — so I took a picture of my mom holding an Irish passage tomb, and she really looks more like a Price is Right girl presenting it, because she was too close to it.
Anyway, you get the idea…
101 posts! Go me!